Posted by Timige, On 7 Dec, 2021 | Updated On 7 Dec, 2021 No Comments »
On October 30, 2020, Wizkid premiered his 4th studio album ‘Made in Lagos’ – (MIL) by Starboy Entertainment and RCA Records.
The 14-rack project features guest appearances from the likes of Burna Boy, Skepta, H.E.R., Ella Mai, Tay Iwar, Projexx, Tems and Terri.
On August 27, the deluxe edition was released, which features additional guest appearances from Buju and Justin Bieber.
Music producers who jointly worked on this body of work include; P2J, Kel-P, Sarz, London, P, Blaqjerzee, Kill September, Juls, P.Priime and Legendury Beatz.
Below are the monumental achievements of Star boy’s “Made in Lagos” (MIL) album in the span of one year:
- Highest-charting Nigerian album of all time on the Billboard 20 chart (No. 28)
- Longest-charting Nigerian album this century on the Billboard 200 chart (17 weeks).
- Longest-charting Nigerian album of all time on the Billboard World Albums chart (50 weeks).
- First Nigerian album to spend multiple weeks at #1 on the Billboard World Albums chart (3 weeks).
- First Nigerian album to spend a year on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
- Longest-charting Nigerian album on the UK Albums chart this decade (6 weeks).
- First Nigerian artist in history to simultaneously chart on the Hot 100 and Billboard 200 (16 weeks).
- First Nigerian song to reach the Top on the Hot 100 – “Essence”.
- Longest-charting single by an African artist on the Hot 100 – “Essence”.
- First African song to sell over 1.5 million units (almost multi-Platinum) in the U.S – “Essence”.
- First African album to reach the Top 5 on U.S Apple music.
- First African album to debut on the Spotify U.S. album and Global album charts (No. 10).
- First Nigerian album to score two entries on the U.K singles chart: “Essence” (No. 16), “Ginger” (No. 67).
- Highest-peaking African album on U.S iTunes – No. 3
- Surpassed 1 billion streams across Apple Music, Audiomack, Spotify, YouTube, Boomplay, and Pandora in 10 months.
- Nominated at the 64th Grammy Awards ceremony coming up in January 2022.
The categories are:
Album – Best Global Music Album.
Track: Essence – Best Global Music Performance.
- Won Best Collaboration award at the BET Soul Train 2021 awards-ceremony with the hit track ‘Essence’.
- “Made in Lagos” 3-day London O2 Arena concert which sold over 48,000 tickets has been tagged by the host as the fastest selling shows of all time in the arena.
- Big Wiz was awarded with a certificate of recognition from the hosts for his massive exploits at the O2 Arena after successfully holding and shutting it down for three straight nights.
Source: The Nation
Do you have question or opinion about this post? Make it in the comment below.
Please Share with Your Friends/Followers
Get Current with Nigeria, Subscribe Now!
Previous Post: « Aribo reveals the goal under new Rangers coach
Next Post: ‘Amina’ hits Netflix’s global top 10 list »