Nigeria World Today
News Updates | Articles | People's Opinions
It's Sunday, November 27, 2022 - 5:55 PM in Nigeria.
In June 2012, Pastor Okotie informed his congregation that his second marriage was over with no chance of reconciliation.
The ICPC chair, Bolaji Owasanoye, says the police fund is under “investigation for abuse, fund diversion bogus, questionable welfare packaging that is not for the police who are the beneficiaries of the fund and sundry corrupt practices
Newspaper Headlines Update
- JUST-IN: First Day In Office, Adeleke Takes Far-reaching Decisions
- BREAKING: Ademola Adeleke Sworn-in As 6th Elected Osun Gov
- Thousands Decamp To APC As Rally Shuts Down Kwara
- The Greatest Goalkeeping Performances At The FIFA World Cup
- 2023: Tinubu Nigeria’s Best Option–Akinfolarin
- Qatar 2022: Jesus Will Find It Difficult To Bench Richarlison – Rivaldo
- NBA: LeBron James Returns As LA Lakers Beat San Antonio Spurs
- Over 1,000 Schools Battle For Glory In 2nd Edition Of National Principal’s Cup
- 2022 National Sports Festival: Ensure Victory For Delta State – Lawmaker
- Perversion Of Justice: Court Adjourns Trial Of BATN To Feb 21
- Adeleke freezes Osun bank accounts immediately after swearing-in
- Death toll from Indonesia quake rises to 321, official says
- Brazil confident injured Neymar will be back to lead World Cup bid
- PDP targets one million votes for Atiku/Okowa ticket in Anambra
- Atiku vows to increase funds for arts, liberalise acquisition process
- COAS expresses happiness over platform performance
- Saudi team denies rumours of Rolls-Royce Phantom for beating Argentina
- Kano gold souk to become operational in 2023 – minister
- Ceasefire holding in eastern DR Congo, residents say
- Costa Rica beat Japan to hand Germany World Cup lifeline
- In inaugural speech, Adeleke tackles Oyetola, freezes govt accounts, vows probe
- Mohammed Mustapha Olaroungbe Akanbi (1971-2022), By Chidi Anselm Odinkalu
- Wike, allies absent, Atiku present as Adeleke sworn in as 6th Osun Governor
- Black Stars not thinking of revenge against Uruguay – Coach Addo
- Nigeria establishing plants to refine gold, other minerals – Official
- Three dead, nine injured in Lagos-Ibadan expressway accident
- Why Nigerian govt retains workers in non-functional Ajaokuta – Minister
- Osun Governorship: Davido, Udom, Ladoja, Oyinlola, present for Adeleke’s inauguration
- Qatar World Cup, alcohol and gays, By Festus Adedayo
- I improved Osun’s economy without borrowing – Oyetola
- I will increase funds for arts – Atiku
- What Bianca Ojukwu told youths in Owerri
- Kano State shuts Chinese metal recycling coy
- Messi’s magic, Fernandez’s brilliance see Argentina thrash Mexico
- Bizarre! Gunmen killed 2 security guards, cut off head, hand in Ondo
- What voting for Tinubu‘ll guarantee women, youth – Aisha Buhari
- Actress Rita Dominic, Anosike wed in England (Video, photos)
- Gbajabiamila: Those doubting Tinubu’s age should meet his late mom for confirmation
- Bello will be remembered for rich service to the nation – Buhari
- Atiku vows to privatise refineries, revoke ownership of inactive oil blocs
Saying of Our Hero past for Today
Those of us placed in a position of leadership must be prepared to grasp the nettle if we unite in doing so, and if, in addition, we set a worthy example and a marat on pace in probity, unselfishness, and self-sacrifice, the people will follow, all too readily, in our footsteps.
NigeriaWorld of Sport
First Nigerian in The World
Unknown Nigerian Feats
NigeriaWorld of Entertainment
What You Get on Nigeria World Today
Nigeria World Today – daily news updates, breaking & trending news, analysis, feature articles, history & past events, predictions, ratings. Check Nigeria out:
- News Update - Politics, Security, Sport, Entertainment, Crime, Business, Economy News
- Breaking and Trending News
- Information about Nigeria
- History and Past Events
- Predictions about Nigeria
- Ratings - first 5, first 10, first 20 and more
Brief Article About Nigeria
Nigeria World is the most populous black nation and by implication the most populous in Africa. According to 2008 census, her population was counted to be about 130 Million. With population growth rate of about 2.4%, the population is estimated to be 180 Million by 2016. One out of every four black persons you meet in the world is probably a Nigerian.
Population density of Nigeria as at 2008 was 152 persons per square kilometre. Nigeria World comprises over 250 ethnics and languages. Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and Fulani have about 71% of the population and other ethnic groups take the remaining 29%.
On the world map, Nigeria has her borders with Benin Republic at the West, Niger at the North and Cameroon and Chad at the East. It has her coast along Atlantic Ocean on the Gulf of Guinea. It is in the western part of Africa. The capital of Nigeria is Abuja. Her largest cities include Lagos, Ibadan, Kano and Onitsha among others.
Nigeria adopted colours are green and white as shows by her flag. The Green stands for Agriculture (been the major source of revenue and one-time world best producer of cocoa and palm oil) and the White for Peace (being for the coexistence of multiple ethnic groups).
Nigerian national currency is Naira (₦) and Kobo (K). 100 Kobo make a Naira. The currency is not accepted in world marketplaces like Dollar but it is a strong force in Western Africa.
There are 8 major denominations: ₦1000, ₦500, ₦200, ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, ₦10, and ₦5 notes. Other denominations like ₦2, ₦1 and 50K are metal coins and have gone into extinction.
Officially and among the nations of the world, the country is called Federal Republic of Nigeria. Informally, Nigerians at home and in diaspora refer to her as Naija. The word "Nigeria" official abbreviations are NG and NIG. Some Nigerians, most especially on the internet, shorten it to Nigr.
Nigerian in The World of Business
Nigerian Businesses Local