Nigeria World Today

News Updates | Articles | People's Opinions

It's Sunday, January 29, 2023 - 8:45 AM in Nigeria.

Why My Marriages Failed – Pastor Chris Okotie

Chris Okotie and His Wife

In June 2012, Pastor Okotie informed his congregation that his second marriage was over with no chance of reconciliation.

We’re probing management of Police Trust Funds over corruption allegations, says ICPC Chair

Chief of Defense Staff Luck Irabor ICPC Chairman

The ICPC chair, Bolaji Owasanoye, says the police fund is under “investigation for abuse, fund diversion bogus, questionable welfare packaging that is not for the police who are the beneficiaries of the fund and sundry corrupt practices

Newspaper Headlines Update

Feature Posts

Saying of Our Hero past for Today

Those of us placed in a position of leadership must be prepared to grasp the nettle if we unite in doing so, and if, in addition, we set a worthy example and a marat on pace in probity, unselfishness, and self-sacrifice, the people will follow, all too readily, in our footsteps.

Share on Facebook Tweet

Know Nigeria - Fact for Today

Dr. Alvan Ikoku was defeated by his son S. G. Ikoku in the 1956 Eastern region assembly elections. Alvan was 56 years old then while his son was 34 years old.

Share on Facebook Tweet

NigeriaWorld of Sport

First Nigerian in The World

Unknown Nigerian Feats

NigeriaWorld of Entertainment

What You Get on Nigeria World Today

Nigeria World Today – daily news updates, breaking & trending news, analysis, feature articles, history & past events, predictions, ratings. Check Nigeria out:

  • News Update - Politics, Security, Sport, Entertainment, Crime, Business, Economy News
  • Breaking and Trending News
  • Information about Nigeria
  • History and Past Events
  • Predictions about Nigeria
  • Ratings - first 5, first 10, first 20 and more

Brief Article About Nigeria

Nigeria World Map

Nigeria World is the most populous black nation and by implication the most populous in Africa. According to 2008 census, her population was counted to be about 130 Million. With population growth rate of about 2.4%, the population is estimated to be 180 Million by 2016. One out of every four black persons you meet in the world is probably a Nigerian.

Population density of Nigeria as at 2008 was 152 persons per square kilometre. Nigeria World comprises over 250 ethnics and languages. Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and Fulani have about 71% of the population and other ethnic groups take the remaining 29%.

On the world map, Nigeria has her borders with Benin Republic at the West, Niger at the North and Cameroon and Chad at the East. It has her coast along Atlantic Ocean on the Gulf of Guinea. It is in the western part of Africa. The capital of Nigeria is Abuja. Her largest cities include Lagos, Ibadan, Kano and Onitsha among others.

Nigeria adopted colours are green and white as shows by her flag. The Green stands for Agriculture (been the major source of revenue and one-time world best producer of cocoa and palm oil) and the White for Peace (being for the coexistence of multiple ethnic groups).

Nigerian national currency is Naira (₦) and Kobo (K). 100 Kobo make a Naira. The currency is not accepted in world marketplaces like Dollar but it is a strong force in Western Africa.

There are 8 major denominations: ₦1000, ₦500, ₦200, ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, ₦10, and ₦5 notes. Other denominations like ₦2, ₦1 and 50K are metal coins and have gone into extinction.

Officially and among the nations of the world, the country is called Federal Republic of Nigeria. Informally, Nigerians at home and in diaspora refer to her as Naija. The word "Nigeria" official abbreviations are NG and NIG. Some Nigerians, most especially on the internet, shorten it to Nigr.

Nigerian in The World of Business

Questions About Nigeria

Latest Article on Nigeria

Get Current with Nigeria, Subscribe Now!

We'll never share your email with anyone else.

Nigeria History

Nigerian Scammer

Nigeria People