Nigeria World Today
News Updates | Articles | People's Opinions
It's Sunday, January 29, 2023 - 9:45 AM in Nigeria.
In June 2012, Pastor Okotie informed his congregation that his second marriage was over with no chance of reconciliation.
The ICPC chair, Bolaji Owasanoye, says the police fund is under “investigation for abuse, fund diversion bogus, questionable welfare packaging that is not for the police who are the beneficiaries of the fund and sundry corrupt practices
Newspaper Headlines Update
- Of Cobras And Mongooses
- That Report On Illiteracy Level In Nigeria
- Osun Verdict: Senior Lawyers In Disbelief Over Judge’s Phrase
- NMDPRA Engages Customs To End PMS Smuggling
- INEC Extends PVC Collection Deadline To February 5
- Police Rescue 7 People Abducted, Arrest Two Suspects In Niger
- New Naira Notes Not Targeted At The Poor – President Muhammadu Buhari
- I Have No Friction With Buhari, Says Tinubu
- 10 Nigerian Artists To Watch In 2023
- Matawalle Using Anti-Thuggery C’ttee To Unleash Mayhem In Zamfara, PDP Candidate Raises Alarm
- Data Protection law will boost investor's confidence in Nigerian economy says Pantami
- CBN deadline: POS agents collecting extra charges on transactions in kaduna
- Biafra referendum: Court fixes 30 March for suit of self-fetermination
- Adegeye remains our House of Reps candidate, says Labour Party Chairman Amuwo-Odofin
- Ganduje writes President Buhari, "shelve your trip to Kano"
- Sanwo-Olu harps on training as NUJ opens remodelled secretariat
- Currency: N100, N50 notes flood Awka as residents rush to dispose old bills
- Buhari backs CBN over old naira deadline amid outcry for extension
- Atiku joins Tinubu, others to protest 'discomfort' in CBN deadline for old naira notes
- PVCs: Utomi urges INEC to extend Jan. 29 deadline
- Four football matches to watch this weekend
- Peter Obi campaigns in Borno, pledges new Nigeria
- Staff protest planned commercialisation of NIPOST
- 2023: Kanu denies endorsing any candidate
- New Naira Notes: Govt ‘ll eliminate squeeze, chaos in currency swap – Buhari
- New Naira Notes: I know Nigerians are ‘facing hardship’ – Buhari
- PDP lifts suspension on two Ekiti members
- What India will do differently as G20 president – High Commissioner
- ECOWAS-Nigeria commissions new chancery building
- Holocaust Remembrance Day: Israel asks global community to cut ties with Iran
- ‘Stop the brain drain’, Medical students cry out
- NIPOST workers to commence strike Monday
- Severe weather kills 4 in Auckland
- INEC extends deadline for PVCs collection
- Okada rider sent to prison for allegedly stealing employer’s motorcycle
- Why I’ll revive ‘Nigerian Standard Newspapers’ if elected Plateau gov. – Mutfwang
- Sanwo-Olu pulls out of governorship debate: Read why
- ALAT launches campaign to promote stronger savings, investment culture
- Lagos reacts after thugs loyal to Jandor caught shooting in Lagos (Video)
- Tinubu bares his mind on Buhari again in Zamfara
Saying of Our Hero past for Today
Those of us placed in a position of leadership must be prepared to grasp the nettle if we unite in doing so, and if, in addition, we set a worthy example and a marat on pace in probity, unselfishness, and self-sacrifice, the people will follow, all too readily, in our footsteps.
NigeriaWorld of Sport
First Nigerian in The World
Unknown Nigerian Feats
NigeriaWorld of Entertainment
What You Get on Nigeria World Today
Nigeria World Today – daily news updates, breaking & trending news, analysis, feature articles, history & past events, predictions, ratings. Check Nigeria out:
- News Update - Politics, Security, Sport, Entertainment, Crime, Business, Economy News
- Breaking and Trending News
- Information about Nigeria
- History and Past Events
- Predictions about Nigeria
- Ratings - first 5, first 10, first 20 and more
Brief Article About Nigeria
Nigeria World is the most populous black nation and by implication the most populous in Africa. According to 2008 census, her population was counted to be about 130 Million. With population growth rate of about 2.4%, the population is estimated to be 180 Million by 2016. One out of every four black persons you meet in the world is probably a Nigerian.
Population density of Nigeria as at 2008 was 152 persons per square kilometre. Nigeria World comprises over 250 ethnics and languages. Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa and Fulani have about 71% of the population and other ethnic groups take the remaining 29%.
On the world map, Nigeria has her borders with Benin Republic at the West, Niger at the North and Cameroon and Chad at the East. It has her coast along Atlantic Ocean on the Gulf of Guinea. It is in the western part of Africa. The capital of Nigeria is Abuja. Her largest cities include Lagos, Ibadan, Kano and Onitsha among others.
Nigeria adopted colours are green and white as shows by her flag. The Green stands for Agriculture (been the major source of revenue and one-time world best producer of cocoa and palm oil) and the White for Peace (being for the coexistence of multiple ethnic groups).
Nigerian national currency is Naira (₦) and Kobo (K). 100 Kobo make a Naira. The currency is not accepted in world marketplaces like Dollar but it is a strong force in Western Africa.
There are 8 major denominations: ₦1000, ₦500, ₦200, ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, ₦10, and ₦5 notes. Other denominations like ₦2, ₦1 and 50K are metal coins and have gone into extinction.
Officially and among the nations of the world, the country is called Federal Republic of Nigeria. Informally, Nigerians at home and in diaspora refer to her as Naija. The word "Nigeria" official abbreviations are NG and NIG. Some Nigerians, most especially on the internet, shorten it to Nigr.
Nigerian in The World of Business
Nigerian Businesses Local