Posted by Timige, On 12 Dec, 2020 | Updated On 13 Dec, 2020 No Comments »
Super Eagles and Fulham defender, Ola Aina has entered into the history books as he becomes the first Nigerian to win the Premier League Goal of the Month Award!
His sublime left-footed strike against West Brom at the Craven Cottage last month was voted the among the rest.
The versatile defender scored the second goal from the edge of the box in Fulham’s 2 nil over Slaven Bilic’s side. See the goal below
5 Africans have won the award so far as seen below:
- Morroco’s Sofiane Boufal of Southampton won it in October 2017 – The First African Winner.
- Kenya’s Victor Wanyama won it in February 2018.
- Cote D’Ivoire’s Jean Michaël Seri won it in August 2018.
- Mali’s Moussa Djenepo won it in September 2019.
- Nigeria’s ola Aina won it in December 2020.
Source: Nigeria World Today
Do you have question or opinion about this post? Make it in the comment below.